Our vision is to be a leader in quality, patient centered care, education and research through cohesive, shared decision making, collaboration and continuous improvement.
Our missions is to act as an autonomous, informed, cohesive physician group to advocate for quality, safe patient care and advanced medical services in Royal Inland Hospital and the Thompson Cariboo Shuswap Health Service Area by representing a unified physician voice to Interior Health, Ministry of Health, Doctors of BC and the Public.
- Quality patient care
- Mutual respect at all levels of the organization
- Continuous improvement
- Just and fair decision making (doing the right things for the right reasons)
- Informed decision making
Strategic Areas of Focus
- Strengthen physician advocacy and collaboration with Interior Health, Doctors of BC and Ministry of Health
- RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION
- Improve recruitment and retention of physicians in departments and service areas in crises.
- SPECIALTY PROGRAMS
- Initiate, develop and grow specialty programs at RIH that serves the needs of patients and families and improves the efficiency and quality of care.
- PHYSICIAN LEADERSHIP
- Provide physicians opportunities to participate in education, research and leadership development.